trying to hunt specks

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

trying to hunt specks

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:46 am

I am planning a freelance trip for a White-fronted goose next Fall. I plan on hunting SK. I have no idea when they migrate through. Its 36 hours for me to get there and I need to schedule my vacation days for work soon. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, I plan on bringing 60 canada dekes (mainly cuz that is about all I can fit in the truck) will i be able to pull in a Specklebelly to Canada decoys? Or do I have to buy a half dozen Speck dekes?
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Re: trying to hunt specks

Postby War Wagon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

You realy dont need the super spreads up there. Just keep this in mind when you go, SNOW comes early up there. You will see snow in early October. Specks are hard to decoy, we mostly get them early in the AM. ....You will have a great time up there.
War Wagon
hunter

Re: trying to hunt specks

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:34 pm

ok so how many dekes do I need?
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting