Alberta VS Saskatchewan

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Alberta VS Saskatchewan

Postby blackduck_killer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 am

Okay folks I'm looking for info regarding these to provinces. I believe in Saskatchewan I can do it without a guide but is alberta the same or would I need friends and or family to do some sort of hunter host program thing?
I'm just looking to do waterfowl and maybe a bit of upland bird hunting.
blackduck_killer
hunter

Re: Alberta VS Saskatchewan

Postby goosehunter64 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:07 pm

You can freelance there as well. But you are going to have to get permission and scout scout scout.
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Re: Alberta VS Saskatchewan

Postby bobalong » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 am

There are good spots in Ab. and Sask. Depending on what time of year your hunting will determine what areas are best. I hunt mostly east central Ab. and there is mostly just local birds on the opener in Sept, not to many migrators until October, unless its mild up north, it can be later in October. Usually central/south central Sk. is pretty good starting in October not to sure about northern Sk, but it would be earlier. Central, south cental Sk. has the most snows for sure. Lots of Canadas and ducks in Alberta and some specs as well, have not seen to many snows the last few years, but thousands of them in Sk. There was a lake in Sask, last fall I figure had to have well over 50k birds on it, the most I have ever seen at one time.
bobalong
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting