Four Poachers from Indiana embarass US Hunters in Sask.

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Four Poachers from Indiana embarass US Hunters in Sask.

Postby F250 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:19 am

A recent press release listed the names of four waterfowl poachers from Indiana, who, on September 25, 2012 shot 66 white geese over their limit, failed to retrieve 8 geese (two were still alive), and tried to hide 11 geese in a nearby marsh. Total fines were $8000.00 and all four had their hunting licenses pulled for one year. Named were Ralph Downing Jr., Thomas J. Ehrsam, Thomas A Vater, and Kevin D. Stratton. The incident took place near Zelma Saskatchewan. Court prceedings were completed on September 27, 2012 at the Saskatoon Provincial Court. The "hunters" had been under surveillance by Wardens during their hunt.
This type of behavior by fellow Americans traveling to Saskatchewan cannot be tolerated. We are guests in the country of Canada. Please help police our own. If you hunters who travel to Canada witness a violation, please call the Wardens and provide them with the information they need to apprehend the violators.
F250
hunter

Re: Four Poachers from Indiana embarass US Hunters in Sask.

Postby Kharkov43 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:30 pm

:mad: I'm from Indiana, they should have lost there permits for life and all guns and trucks should have ben taken. What a shame on their part. :fingerpt:
Kharkov43
hunter

Postby don novicki » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:15 am

As my Grandmother used to say "good enough for them". To our Canadian brothers I apologize for the slobs that are still out there hunting. Don't hold it against us..........we're not all like that.
don novicki
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Last edited by War Wagon on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Less than 2,000 in fines and one year suspension / person.

If you ask me, they got off easy.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby muskyduck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:38 am

Bill Herian wrote:Less than 2,000 in fines and one year suspension / person.

If you ask me, they got off easy.

I wonder if it was because they were white geese, and not as concerning given they are under the Light Goose Conservation Order? Much more liberal regulations. Still not cool at all! It would be interesting to know what the penalty had been if it were greater Canadas or mallards....
muskyduck
hunter

Postby mauserfan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:55 pm

They got off far too easy. These names should be made as public as possible. I also believe that a game violation should follow you over to your personal side as well. This would result in higher insurance costs & lower credit ratings in addition to the loss of game privileges and equipment. Even better would be a reciprocity and a central data base between the US and foreign nations to stop these guys at the border. In a case such as this, they truly are the worst type of arrogant, ignorant slob hunters that could be described. What they did was a deliberate & conscious action that will result in a branding of the many ethical hunters out there. I am familiar with a similar situation that took place in NW ONtario a number of years ago. I am not aware of the courts decision but, the group never went back to Ontario again. Maybe the guys were basically run out of the area by the local hunters. Unbelievable.
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
mauserfan
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:22 pm

I do agree they got off lightly with a fine and 1 year suspension. They should have given them a LIFETIME ban in Canada, taken there guns, trucks, and any other things they had out there in the field. :yes: They should not be allowed to hunt in the USA for the same time.
War Wagon
hunter

Postby quack wackr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:21 am

damn americansss ! all there property should have become property of the canadian government, and they should have been baned from hunting i n canada forever. @******
quack wackr
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting