Heavy Snow in Saskatchewan

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Heavy Snow in Saskatchewan

Postby War Wagon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Just got a E-Mail from our cabin owner in Saskatchewan. They said it's still Winter up there and it's the most snow they have seen in 12 years. It could be a rough planting season. :eek: :eek: :eek:
War Wagon
hunter

Re: Heavy Snow in Saskatchewan

Postby Randy set » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Rem...it has been an unreal winter, and still very cold.....southern sask just had another snowstorm...friend sent pictures of snowmobiling on the highway...you could only see signs.

Regina has had over 6 feet of snowfall this winter! Great duck pothole situation, but maybe no crop to eat!

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/saskatchew ... -guru-says
Randy set
Newb

Postby don novicki » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Erie Pa. 96" and counting. Just an average winter here....................Record was 147" a few years back
don novicki
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:47 pm

3 years ago Farmers didnot plant many fields because of wet conditions. Lets hope it not going to happen again. :no: We left eary that year because we could not get into fields. :sad: Bottom line is those farmers got to make a living .
War Wagon
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:32 pm

War Wagon
hunter

Postby F250 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 am

I spoke with the farmer where I stay in Sask. He advises there are still 6' snow banks on his road. He has lived there all his life and has never seen so much snow. They have concerns about flooding and whether the fields will dry out in time for planting. I too was in Sask. a few years ago when it was so wet the farmers were not able to plant their crops. I had planned on staying there for three weeks. After one week of watching the birds head straight south without stopping, we left for home.
F250
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting