New Policy for US Hunters With a Possession and Acquistion L

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

New Policy for US Hunters With a Possession and Acquistion L

Postby F250 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:01 am

Last week I spent some time on the phone with the RCMP Firearms Center, Canadian Customs and Border Protection, The Chief Firearms Officer of Ontario, and the Chief Firearms Officer of Quebec. Yesterday I transported one of my shotguns to a gunsmith, across the border into Quebec. I'll skip through the very long and frustrating details of my experience yesterday. For those of us who have PALs, that is now the only document you need to transport your non-restricted firearms into Canada. Don't expect the Canadian Customs Officers to know that. In their defense, dealing with American hunters is just a very small part of their duties. You can (politely) refer them to Operational Bulletin PRG-2012-19 Changes to Import Requirements for Firearms.
F250
hunter

Re: New Policy for US Hunters With a Possession and Acquisti

Postby gus » Thu May 02, 2013 5:19 am

thanks, we are making a little headway
gus
Newb

Return to Canada Duck Hunting