Dog papers needed to cross border?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Dog papers needed to cross border?

Postby DC KILLER » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:27 pm

What all do i need to bring my dog across the canada border. Ive heard so many different things. This is my 2nd yr to hunt there but the first time to bring my dog
SouthArkduckslayers- "I think I got cancer...."
DC KILLER- "HUH?"

"yea, I got this bump on my lip"

"REALLY?"

"yea, hang on a second and Ill tell ya bout it, let me put this dip in"
DC KILLER
hunter

Re: Dog papers needed to cross border?

Postby War Wagon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:57 am

Go to your Vet, tell him you are going to Canada, and he will give you all the correct paperwork needed to cross.
We have crossed many times with dogs and never once did they ask to see anything on the dogs.
Now that I said this I'm sure they will ask this year. :lol:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:38 am

Now you have me all paranoid, I'm going to have, to get the papers again. I got something from the vet for the first couple years. They never asked for anything. The last four trips i never bothered. Now that you bring it up, I'm jinxed. Gotta get the papers...
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby DC KILLER » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks fellas
SouthArkduckslayers- "I think I got cancer...."
DC KILLER- "HUH?"

"yea, I got this bump on my lip"

"REALLY?"

"yea, hang on a second and Ill tell ya bout it, let me put this dip in"
DC KILLER
hunter

Postby F250 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:39 am

You should be prepared to show the Canadian Customs Officers the dogs' current rabies vaccine certificate. When you return to the USA, you may be asked for the certificate by those officers as well. I also carry my dog's annual license as required by the Town where I live.
F250
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Ya it's not a bad idea..... Last year one of the guys that came along did all the paperwork for his guns at the border. We got to our cabin he unzipped his gun case and looked inside to find his BT-99 trap gun not his SP-10.... :fingerhead: He went trapshooting the night before we left and forgot to change out guns. I told him if they check at the border going back into the U.S. side they might take the gun or arrest him. I told him if it took me 20 years I'd get him out of JAIL :lol3: :lol3: They NEVER looked, he was dam lucky :bow:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Hope he had a spare? We take 3 guns each when we go. Never took my dog next year I'm going to.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting