Quill Lake Area conditions.

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Quill Lake Area conditions.

Postby drake37 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Heading north in a couple weeks... Anybody got recent reports?? We usually chase mallards but do a day on the snows just cuz.. Any feed back would be great
drake37
hunter

Re: Quill Lake Area conditions.

Postby REM1100 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:54 am

There are more ducks this year and the harvest 23% done is going well with the hot weather and the snows will peak around first week of Oct. I will be there Oct 10-16. The forecast is for mild conditions next week and then it starts to cool down. Some snows have arrived and non resident activity is beginning to filter in says the motel keepers. Presently the mosquitoes are a menaceand so are the big grasshoppers.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby don novicki » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Snow's peaking around first week of Oct.. Sounds promising..................................... :thumbsup:
don novicki
hunter

Postby RUN REMI RUN » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:45 pm

well just had a few days of frost and Algonquin says leaf change at 29-39%, but just came back from manitoulin island, scouting amazing duck spots!!!!!! and the leaves hadn't even start to change here or all on hwy 69.

I think it will b an late yr!!! as long as we don't get those crazy hurracans storms destroy our cattail fields and rice stocks!!!
then no cover and no birds!!!!

and it's going to get hot again later this week and next, so maybe mid. oct. should b good time, if the heat dies off?????
RUN REMI RUN
hunter

Postby RUN REMI RUN » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:25 pm

ok so nobody is around?

I was just up north of Sudbury close to timmings and the bush is maybe 1/4 changed!!!!!tops!!! the ferns are still super green and the grasses too everywhere

but Algonquin is saying 80% changed and 20% fallen leaves?????? WRONG!!!! tourist trap!!!!!

so it is going to b super late and I still saw a buck with velvet on his horns and a bull too ***!!!! late r we or what!!!!!!

so waititng 3 weeks min, bfr I head up again to hunt and saw not a duck or a goose!!!!, still up north or tucked into the valleys still
RUN REMI RUN
hunter

Postby GooseMan74 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:54 am

Hoping movement starts soon. Heading up on Oct. 5th for a week. Hopefully snows will be abundant.
GooseMan74
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:17 am

They should be there by then. We are north a bit, they really weren't here yet. We shot 140 or so for the five times we set the spread. Did a bunch of two a days. Set the snow spread, then chase ducks in the afternoon. Only had one "good" day where we limited out. We usually get all our snows for the trip. Good luck everyone. I'll look foreword to reports. Sorry I dropped the ball. I was just too wored out.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting