Duck and goose hunting on Vancouver Island

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Duck and goose hunting on Vancouver Island

Postby Blue Sky » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:01 am

Hello I would like to find some good goose and duck hunting on Vancouver Island. If anybody knows where to go I would appreciate the information.
Kevin McNeil
The Peace Country may be the very best goosehunting destination in North American.
The field feeding ducks are world class hunting.
Blue Sky
Account Suspended for brand name useage

Postby Tuffcity » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:00 am

Hi,

North Island or south? East side or west? Any particular time frame? Lots of birds here on the south end but access is tricky. Upper Island some of the bigger estuaries on both the east & west sides can be pretty good.

So are you just looking to expand your horizons a bit or get away from those deep freeze Alberta winters for a bit? :smile:

RC
Tuffcity
hunter

Vancouver Island Duck hunting

Postby Blue Sky » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:18 am

Hi RC
Thanks for the reply I would like to find some good duck and goose hunting. It does not matter where I hunt on the island as long as it can be productive. Do you have any spefic ares to go to ie. towns bays Islands.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks alot,
Kevin McNeil
The Peace Country may be the very best goosehunting destination in North American.
The field feeding ducks are world class hunting.
Blue Sky
Account Suspended for brand name useage

Postby Tuffcity » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:16 pm

You have a PM. :smile:
Tuffcity
hunter

Re: Vancouver Island Duck hunting

Postby MasterYo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:14 pm

Blue Sky wrote:Hi RC
Thanks for the reply I would like to find some good duck and goose hunting. It does not matter where I hunt on the island as long as it can be productive. Do you have any spefic ares to go to ie. towns bays Islands.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks alot,

Hi I have the same problem - just moved to Victoria and the only place I know is Cowichan Bay!
MasterYo
Newb

Vancouver Island

Postby Brant » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Tofino inlet used to be famous for it's goose shooting,and can still have plenty of birds but you need local knowledge,and a boat to get around,Most East coast estuaries from Cowichan to Nimpkish have wintering widgeon,pins,and mallards,but public access can be difficult.Brant are now closed completely on V.I.Your best bet would be to speak to the staff in the better Island fishing and shooting stores,and try and get some local input.Areas I would check would be Courtnay,Campbell R.,and Port Hardy.Good luck,Brant
Brant
hunter

Re: Duck and goose hunting on Vancouver Island

Postby Flynn45 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 am

Hey guys,

This is my first time here and I know this is a very old post but I feel its worth a shot ( Pun intended ). I just started hunting waterfowl and was hoping somebody, anybody can point me in a direction to do some hunting for ducks/Geese in the south vancouver island area?

Thanks a bunch:)

S
Flynn45
Newb

Return to Canada Duck Hunting