Winnipeg This Fall

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Winnipeg This Fall

Postby campjoker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:45 pm

I'm heading to Winnipeg with some buddies this fall. What is the hunting like and any ideas on what to expect for a typical day in the field??????
Get em' in and Gas em' down!!!!!!!!
campjoker
hunter

Re: Winnipeg This Fall

Postby labman1000 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:32 am

campjoker wrote:I'm heading to Winnipeg with some buddies this fall. What is the hunting like and any ideas on what to expect for a typical day in the field??????
If they have good connections you will need lots of shotgun shells. lots of canadas. I would assume duck hunting is good also . good hatch this year . We live 4 hrs north and have seen lots of resident birds already . the only draw back this year is lots of canola planted this year which will lower the number of feilds to hunt . you will have agreat hunt if your friends scout and find the jackpot .The US dollar just feel to an 30 yr low . So bring lots of money for gas . It is $95 bucks to fill my 06 chevy 1/2 ton if it is empty .
labman1000
Newb

Postby browninga5m » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:40 pm

So bring lots of money for gas . It is $95 bucks to fill my 06 chevy 1/2 ton if it is empty .

Ouch..We are heading to The Pas Oct. 5th. That is not what I wanted to hear..LOL.. We always see a TON of geese when we pass thru Winnipeg. Looks like a hell of a place to hunt. Would rather kill the snows up north tho..
Browning, The Best There Is!!!
browninga5m
hunter

winnipeg

Postby claimer » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:36 pm

have hunted last three years outside of petersfield 1/2 hour ne of winnepeg; adjacent to oakhammock marsh; we use a guide because of competition for the fields; goose hunting can be over in an hour if you are not selective; pretty much a given; ducks are a different matter; if migrators are not down the local ducks are hard to decoy in the fields; better luck over water if you can get a local to take you; you can get some contacts at the RIS sporting goods store in winnepeg; also, field duck hunting is primarily mallards; over water you get a selection of divers; we go middle of oct; this year we are extending the trip to include the pas; dollar is down; gas is up ; but room and board and cuban cigars are reasonable; goodluck, from florida where if you want to seriously waterfowl hunt, you travel.jim.
claimer
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting