Exchange Rate....

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Exchange Rate....

Postby browninga5m » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:32 pm

Will be headin to manitoba in Oct. Guy from work just got back and says they wouldnt even exchange his american dollars for canadian because the canada dollar is worth more!! Is this true?? That will make the trip cost even more but man is it a good time.....
Browning, The Best There Is!!!
browninga5m
hunter

Exchange rate

Postby Brant » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:22 am

The US dollar is still worth $1.07-1.10 Canadian,depending on where you exchange your money,so you'll still come out ahead.Have a great shoot,and I hope you enjoy hunting up here!Regards,Brant :welcome:
Brant
hunter

Re: Exchange rate

Postby ninethreeeleven » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:18 pm

Brant wrote:The US dollar is still worth $1.07-1.10 Canadian,depending on where you exchange your money,so you'll still come out ahead.Have a great shoot,and I hope you enjoy hunting up here!Regards,Brant :welcome:

True, but many exchange places charge for the exchange and that could eat that .07-.10 If that's true, and you are going places that accept American Dollars then I wouldn't exchange.

I went to Montreal in June and my bank did the exchange for free, I still have $60-80 in Canadian dollars in my drawer, too lazy to return it. Plus it's worth more now then when I got it (versus the USD).
ninethreeeleven
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:13 pm

You can use this chart...to help you out as your time draws near.
http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby browninga5m » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:43 pm

Thanks for the info. guys.. Looks like it may be a small rate if any...
Browning, The Best There Is!!!
browninga5m
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting