Saskatchewan Cell Coverage

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Saskatchewan Cell Coverage

Postby sp0066 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Will be making my first trip to SK in 2014. Was just wondering what the guys from the States do in terms of cell service while up there? Of the US providers, are there any that you have found have particularly good or particularly bad coverage in SK?

Thanks in advance!
sp0066
hunter

Re: Saskatchewan Cell Coverage

Postby War Wagon » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:57 am

Service is good in Saskatchewan. We text all the time even when my carrier says it does not work. When we use our cells to call landowners or home, we just pay the roam fee's . I think Sprint was the only US carrier that does provide some limited coverage in Canada...
War Wagon
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:59 am

I hunt the East Central Sask right in the middle of Saskatoon Yorkton Regina and my Canadian carrier Fido and Rogers has non coverage or fringe in some small areas. It is best to check with your carrier to see about fringe coverage in some areas best would be to have a buddies cell with a different carrier
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby F250 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:17 am

I have a Verizon cell phone with the Canadian option. We live only about 1 mile from the Quebec border and are often "bounced" to Rogers Wireless. Coverage is pretty good in Sask. Like anywhere else - the more remote your are, the chances of hitting a tower dwindle. At the farm where we stay, the phone works best from the top of one of the grain bins.
F250
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting