Closing of a gun/sporting store.

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Closing of a gun/sporting store.

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:53 am

One of two gun/hunting supply shops in the Anapolis Valley is closing. Ed's Guns is selling out due to an infraction of the gun laws as I understand it.
We have lost 50% of our gun dealers in one fowl swoop. Ed has stated that regaurdless of the outcome he is finished as a firearms dealer. Its sad to see this happen but the laws do have to be followed.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting / fishing.

Keep takin those shooting lessons, I think they're working cause your starting to get some tail feathers.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:25 pm

You know for a government (NS)who stated some time ago that it had no interest in enforcing the gun law unless the firearm was used in the commission of a crime, it seems at least publicly we have a whole heap of zealots doing just that. I know Hnatiuks only deals in new firearms so there is no question as to prior ownership/registration,all firearms are secure and you need a PAL to examine one as a potential buyer.
Oldducknut
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting