usda ban on canada waterfowl

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

usda ban on canada waterfowl

Postby claimer » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:07 am

effective 9-27-07 usda banned all avian products unless fully cooked unless accompanied by a canadian food inspection agency certification that the product did not come from sask.; or a vs import permit(us veterinary service which no one will get); this is a canada wide ban that requires official proof your birds did not come from sask.
claimer
hunter

Postby Scattergun Gooch » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:29 pm

This has been lifted I spoke with US Customs this morning
Scattergun Gooch
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:16 am

The ban is lifted for hunted harvested waterfowl. Poultry from Saskatchewan is still not allowed in to the US.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby Greg Wile » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:42 pm

:lol: I was wondering how they were planing on enforcing that one on the birds migrating across the boarder. Don't these politicians ever use any common sense?
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

canada waterfowl ban

Postby claimer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:55 pm

afterposting and after hearing the ban was lifted; i called the usda telephone # in their letter posted on various websites; talked to polite dr. who stated they did not intend to ban waterfowl carcasses, only live birds; of course , the letter said "not fully cooked avian products, but i just said thankyou, although those hunters who had to dump birds would have not been so kind; manitoba in 9 days,
claimer
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting