MB and SK

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

MB and SK

Postby Scattergun Gooch » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:03 pm

I wanted to give a quick report on hunting in MB and SAK since I had been unable to find one before I left. Myself and 2 buddies headed to Central MB last Friday, we put on a lot of miles trying to find big concentrations of birds and never did, we ended up leaving MB after 3 days and headed to Central SAK, and finally found lots of birds. We killed our duck limit every day and saw tons of white geese, Dark geese were harder to come by but ended up doing ok. In all we had a great time, the farmers we met were great, customs was a non event, the only thing that was hard was the gas prices especially after putting on close to 3000 miles and only driving from MN. Good luck.
Scattergun Gooch
hunter

Postby bdroessler » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:29 pm

Same here, we left just as you were arriving and found the same thing. Talked to a few of the local guys and they said some of the birds in that area had gotten botchlism (sp?). Whatever happened someone turned the lights out on the birds. We did end up hitting some hutchies and lessers but it was a long drive for a few dark geese :mad:
bdroessler
hunter

Postby drake23 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:32 pm

did u guys use a guiding service?
"i hunt ducks because were ducks live" Justin Tackett
drake23
hunter

Postby Scattergun Gooch » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:29 pm

No we hunted on our own
Scattergun Gooch
hunter

Postby bdroessler » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:09 am

We hunted on our own as well
bdroessler
hunter

slayed 'em in MB

Postby margek » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:37 pm

We just returned last Saturday and had a trip of a life time. We did 7 guided hunts and mostly limited out every hunt. It was awesome. Two hunts per day. Morning for ducks and afternoon for geese. We even spent one evening hunting cranes. What a blast. We already booked for next year.
margek
Newb

Return to Canada Duck Hunting