Does Alberta have a spring snow goose hunt

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Does Alberta have a spring snow goose hunt

Postby jrockncash » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Just wondering if they have a spring hunt similar to the conservation order in the states. My good friend lives near calgary and would like to mix in a hunt thanks.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby plainsman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:37 pm

I've lived in south Alberta all my life and never heard of a spring hunt up here :thumbsdown:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:40 pm

MB and SK does. The reason why AB does not is because the Mid Continent Snow goose poplulation does not go through AB. The MCP are the ones that are way over populated thus the Conservation Order allowing them to be hunted in the spring in those areas where they migrate.

But do not be surprised down the road AB is added as I have been hearing that the West Central Population has been steadily increasing in their numbers. It would take the CWS to apporve it and they have to back it up with scientific evidence so it holds up if there was a legal challenge. And undoubtedly the anti hunters will sue, as they did so once already when the current CO was set for the MCP.

My suggestion is sit down with the AB biologists or email them or call them about the Snow geese that migrate through AB, and what their numbers are doing, and suggest they look at a spring season (CO) before it gets out of control like the MCP did.

Good luck to everyone hunting Snows in SK and MB this spring.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Return to Canada Duck Hunting