Main Duck Island Lake Ontario

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Main Duck Island Lake Ontario

Postby captainduckhead » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:58 am

Does anyone know anything about who owns this Island or the Duck Island Group Just off shore from Kingston Ontario? I saw literally hundreds of Oldsquaw, Eiders, and Scoters rafted up there last fall while I was working as a boat captain. I would like to Contact the owner(s) and try to gain permission to hunt there some time. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby firstblood » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:11 pm

almost all the groups are private in that are and the chances of getting to hunt there land is nearly impossibel you have to have a boat luckily i'm a member of one
and no.
firstblood
hunter

No what?

Postby rogerd » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:17 pm

No to what First Blood, did you post to help or not. We are all on here to help eachother out man. I see you are very new to DHC and you won't make many friends here like that.
wings out, legs down, no better feeling!!
rogerd
hunter

Postby firstblood » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:21 pm

sorry i was not meaning to be a snob but i'm serious every good place to hunt ducks on that island is pretty much taken believe me i've tried to find somewhere but i cant, luckily i know a member of one of the clubs and he got me in an i am thankfull
the only way to hunt there is by boat unless youre in a club
you could go to all the clubs and leave a resume with them telling them you want to be a member and hope for the best but chance are yuo'll have to find another place to hunt sorry and good luck in your search
firstblood
hunter

Postby rockbass » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:34 pm

There are no duck clubs on the Duck Islands. They are owned by the government. There are only 2 buildings a shack and a lighthouse out there. All gov't maintained.
rockbass
hunter

Duck Island

Postby rogerd » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Thanks Rockbass, that sounds more like it. But by being gov't owned does that make it like crown land and huntable or completely restricted?? I will probably never get out there anyway but always looking for new areas.

cheers.
wings out, legs down, no better feeling!!
rogerd
hunter

Postby firstblood » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:44 pm

crown land is public hunting land unless stated by the government
next time you go to the MNR office ask for a large size map of the WMU's and restricted hunting property the government restricted land is a diffrent colour
firstblood
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting