Duck Hunting Forum banner

Main Duck Island Lake Ontario

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  firstblood 
#1 ·
Does anyone know anything about who owns this Island or the Duck Island Group Just off shore from Kingston Ontario? I saw literally hundreds of Oldsquaw, Eiders, and Scoters rafted up there last fall while I was working as a boat captain. I would like to Contact the owner(s) and try to gain permission to hunt there some time. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

#4 ·
sorry i was not meaning to be a snob but i'm serious every good place to hunt ducks on that island is pretty much taken believe me i've tried to find somewhere but i cant, luckily i know a member of one of the clubs and he got me in an i am thankfull
the only way to hunt there is by boat unless youre in a club
you could go to all the clubs and leave a resume with them telling them you want to be a member and hope for the best but chance are yuo'll have to find another place to hunt sorry and good luck in your search

#6 ·
Thanks Rockbass, that sounds more like it. But by being gov't owned does that make it like crown land and huntable or completely restricted?? I will probably never get out there anyway but always looking for new areas.

cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.