Saskatchewan Spring Snow Goose

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Saskatchewan Spring Snow Goose

Postby matt87 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:10 pm

Is there a Spring Snow goose hunt in SK, and if so can anyone point me to the licenses for a non-resident alien for it? i cant seem to find it on their hunting license site
matt87
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Yes there is spring goose hunt in Sask
you have to go to

www.environment.gov.sk.ca and download the 2007 hunters and trpapers guide

Basically it says ALL HUNTERS do not need a provincial or heritAge licence but a FEDERAL MIGRATORY PERMIT for $18.19 (2007) is required from usually a federal postel outlet...
So check to see where the outlet is and check the regs for dates and zones..timming is important as the will be in a zone for less than a week and move on North..field access is sometimes ok prior to any seeding and wet mddy fields/snow melt..no competition and permission is good..caution the snows may feed only once or twice a day.

Dress proper and good luck..a 4x4 is recomended.no big trailers..
Bring appropriate gifts for the good farmers
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby matt87 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:54 am

Sweet thanks, that sounds great. Just hope I can figure out when I need to get up there, and where to go...
matt87
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting