Anybody from CA around?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Anybody from CA around?

Postby Admin2 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:05 pm

Being the CA residents are so nice and friendly, I'm surprised none of been posting up.

Maybe some of you can post up in general what the weather has been and what you are or are not seeeing for birds. :smile:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:07 pm

I'm starting to think it will take an Act of Parliment to get you guys to post up :tounge:

Now it is NOT as scary as being the first guy to pick a girl at a school dance for the first time to make a post here-now don't be shy as I know some of you have things you would like to post up :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ontario duck hunter » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:41 pm

I'm from Canada, Southern Ontario to be a little more precise. The reason I joined this forum is to get ideas for my kayak/canoe hunting sessions for both divers and pudllers. I'm looking for a system to steady my kayak enough for good shooting stability. Does anyone have an idea? :help: :help: :help:
Keep on duckin', more will come!
ontario duck hunter
hunter

CA HUNTER

Postby REM110 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:28 pm

NEW TO THIS SITE ( FROM ONTARIO ) We Have had a cool wet year ,duck hunters dream. alot of birds around.
REM110
hunter

Postby ontario duck hunter » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:14 pm

I agree, the weather this summer will dictate a wicked duck hunting season!!! Where about are you from REM110? I'm from around lake Ontario so to speak.
Keep on duckin', more will come!
ontario duck hunter
hunter

CA HUNTER

Postby REM110 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:48 pm

In Southern Ontario this year we have had a rather wet year. With all the water around should be a good year. And what can I say about geese, they are every where and are just starting to flock up in small groups. Looks like fall was on it way because some of the trees are changing color. But as I write this it 85 deg in the shade, the worst part is that are goose season starts in only one week.

Stephen Ontairo Canada
REM110
hunter

can't wait till Opening day!

Postby Walpole Island Hunter » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:34 pm

Cant wait for opening day! I was out working on the blinds and seen alot of ducks, looking good... and as far as the weather goes .... it couldn't be any better :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So for any hunters looking for the right place to be for opening day Walpole Island is the spot!
Walpole Island, Ontario, Canada is where the duck action is!
Walpole Island Hunter
hunter

Postby Whitetailer » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:15 pm

I'm from Calgary Alberta. We hunt NE of Calgary, the true definition of black skies comes from Alberta.
HONK
Whitetailer
hunter

south western ontario

Postby nmourad78 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:00 pm

I've been stumbling across ducks even when i'm not looking for them intentionally in ontario north of london ontario. I shot too ducks last year while rabbit hunting. went home with a pair of each. this saturday is the big canada goose hunt. Good luck to everyone, and remember to stay safe and respect nature
I'de Rather be hunting
nmourad78
hunter

South Ontario Hunters

Postby REM870SUPERMAG » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:28 am

Hi all,

I've been hunting Luther Marsh for a few years now but I'm looking for a better area to hunt duck and/or Geese. I take my 62 year old father out as he was great hunter back in his days.

Just looking for some good hunting days out of the year to spend with pops.

Any locations are appreciated and will not be advertised.
REM870SUPERMAG
hunter

Postby atp » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:04 pm

HI All

There more ducks on the west coast---Vancouver area--than we have seen for many years.

It appears they hatched three clutches this year.

The early goose opening was very productive--all week the local hunters were able to limit out --5 geese

The most ducks are mallards , but the pintails are not far behind--quite unusual before the northern migration begins.

TOM
atp
hunter

Postby FEARLESS_KILLER » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:53 pm

Estevan Saskatchewan The birds are startin to move but not to heavy we just got some snow so it will speed things up a bit good huntin to all
The day I Wait for is the day I hunt
FEARLESS_KILLER
hunter

How goes the hunt

Postby REM110 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:57 pm

Hey hunter in Canada How goes the hunting, post how you have done and how many times you have gotten out???????????
REM110
hunter

Re: south western ontario

Postby Jimr » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:10 am

nmourad78 wrote:I've been stumbling across ducks even when i'm not looking for them intentionally in ontario north of london ontario. I shot too ducks last year while rabbit hunting. went home with a pair of each. this saturday is the big canada goose hunt. Good luck to everyone, and remember to stay safe and respect nature

Hey , Iam from London ontario ..where is theyre around here that is good spots for duck and geese ...Thanks...

Jim :thumbsup:
Jimr
hunter

Ducks and Geese in Canada

Postby oakhammock101 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:21 am

I am new to this chat forum but I figured I would post something to let you all know why you do not have many ducks and geese in the US yet. They are still all here. I was out yesterday and shot out 4 limits in about an hour. I have pictures of how many ducks are here right now and it is hard to believe as well as the number of snow geese around. Hundreds of thousands.

Oakhammock101

I will be doing my usual trek over to Arkansas for opening there so I may be slow to answer. Kind of senseless this year though. If it weren't for old friends I would stay here and hunt the birds till freeze up.

:salude: [/img]
oakhammock101
hunter

Postby sparky » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:35 pm

Hi everyone ! Nice to see a few on here from Canada and Ontario.

I'm new to the fourm and have enjoyed my stay thus far. I'm in Peterborough and mainly hunt on our local river here for ducks and geese.

I really enjoy hitting the fields in late fall for the geese. !

Well I'm sure we meet in some of the other fourms so until then take care, happy hunting and all the best for the holiday season !

sparky
sparky
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:12 pm

Just a friendly note, Ontario is only a small part of Canada. :welcome:

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting / fishing.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting