Duck hunting in Manitoba?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Duck hunting in Manitoba?

Postby dukhunter2705 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:15 am

A group of us go to Manitoba each year and hunt in the South Interlake 12/20 Goose shoot. This year we will be back up there hunting again, was wondering if I could get some info on where to go to find some ducks on some potholes. We have done some duck hunting in the fields in the past around Stonewall, had some great hunts but there is really no small bodies of water in that area. I have always been told to go west toward the Saskatchewan border and you will start to get into the potholes. Any sugesstions would be greatly appreciated.
dukhunter2705
hunter

Postby manitobawoj » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:52 am

PM me for some info.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby fowler4life » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:48 pm

i too hunt the 12/20 goose shoot. for pot holes try around the selkirk area and netly marsh
fowler4life
hunter

Postby dukhunter2705 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:03 pm

Are you going to be in the shoot this year? We have been in it the last 2 years, Have had a great time in the shoot. Got 2nd in 2006 and we won it in 2007. Going to be in the shoot at Stoney Mountain this year also. So where do you live at? We are all from Kansas.
dukhunter2705
hunter

Postby fowler4life » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:55 pm

we will be putting in a team this year it will be our forth year in a row. as for where i live im only about 4 houses from the arena!!!in stonewall the rest of the crew live out of town a few miles. the stoneymountain goose shoot does an okay job last year our youth team came in 2nd over all,lost by only 3 ounces lol one of the best shoots we have ever had
fowler4life
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting