These are the requirement in NS to become a hunting guide.
1. Must have a Nova Scotia Firearms Hunting Certificate, or a Firearms/Hunter Safety Course.
2. Emergency First Aid and CPR ( This must be valid certification)
3. Pass a practical hunting test and written examination administered by the Nova Scotia Hunting and Fishing Guide Examination Board; or
4. Successful completion of a practical test and the National Hunting Guide Certification test.
The Aplication Procedure;
1. Complete an aplication form and have it approved by a Conservation Officer.(see App.VIII-1-2)
2. Contact one of the following persons from the Hunting and Fishing Guides of Nova Scotia Guide Examination Board to arrange for testing.
a) Western part of the province, Susan Veinot, Phone (902) 354-4350
b) Eastern part of the province, Tom Kennedy, Phone (902) 671-2982