Great year to come to manitoba

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Great year to come to manitoba

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:32 pm

Now this is good news for me and anyone planning a trip to manitoba for a waterfowl hunt this fall :thumbsup:

http://www.ducks.org/News/2005BreedingSurvey.asp
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:18 pm

Oh really?

You need to add glasses to your list that you need for this fall equipement as obviously you did not read the story too closely. As despite heavy rains the duck #s are down from a year ago. Especially Mallards are 9% off of last years level. Not good at all.

Besides with all the water up there--it is going to be a real bitch getting into the fields this fall. And many fields were never even planted.

So it is not quite as bright of a picture as you make it out to be...now is it?
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardman77 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:02 am

Duck numbers are definately not down this year!!! If you read the whole story you will see that southern in manitoba the mallard population is actually up 16 % You all can trust me when i say there are way more birds this year than last. :salude:

As for farmers fields, yeah some were not planted, but many were giving the birds food and water(and plenty of it) So i'm sticking to my guns and saying it's a great year to come to manitoba. I'll let you know come september how good it is.

I think those stats near the bottom of the page were taken from the U.S., not southern Mb.

Cmon h20, i don't mind that your a little jealous! :laughing:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:52 pm

Sounds like you should have a good season. And posibly those fields that didn't get planted this spring will be seeded down in winter wheat adding to the food supply this fall. Its a bonus nomatter how you cut it. :cool:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting