Event in Digby set for Aug.

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Event in Digby set for Aug.

Postby Greg Wile » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:39 am

The 2nd Annual NovaScotiaHunting.com Sports Meet & Greet will be held on August 20th & 21st in Ashmore, Digby County. The Digby East Fish And Game Association along with Bayside Sporting Clays has graciously offered to host this event again. There will be a sporting clay shoot for the shotgunners on Saturday starting at 1 pm.At 6pm on Saturday there will be a Blood Trail Challenge sponsored by Common Cross Archery. Teams of two will be timed finding a "downed" deer using a mock blood trail. There is not a provided meal on Saturday, however, there will be BBQ's available for use with a $1.00 donation to charity. Saturday night will also include the popular bonfire where all gather to share hunting tales and many laughs. On Sunday there will be a 3D Shoot for the archers starting at 9 am. There will be great prizes awarded for all events. A meal will be included with Sunday's events for $5 As before, there will be free camping at the site for everyone starting on Friday. There will be a Hunter's buy/sell table at the site on both days where you can pick up great deals for the upcoming season. Ammunition will be available for purchase at the shoot for a low price. There will be no alcohol permitted during times when the ranges are open. This is a great chance to get out and enjoy a couple of days doing what you love with others who share your passion. Plus you could win some great prizes. We hope to see you there. for more information please contact: blake@novascotiahunting.com or rickcca@ns.sympatico.ca
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:19 am

Two years in a row at the same venue and its a 3 1/2 hour drive one way from Halifax,you would have thought the organizers could have found a more central location in Nova Scotia making it more convienent to a broader base of their membership. :umm:
I attended last years event and had a great time ! In fact I think because I did my campsite up to reflect that the Old Ducker was in, that they now have a best campsite contest. :getdown:
Oldducknut
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting