Clarification of 2008 Sask Regs

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Clarification of 2008 Sask Regs

Postby REM1100 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:18 am

Last year there was some rumors or details about letting Canadian Residents hunt dark geese after 12 noon anytime except Sunday.
However; I just opened the Regs on the Sask site and there is no mention about this topic as they are leaning on the South sector as no hunting dark geese after 12 noon, but after Oct 15..the dark geese are good to go.

I don't know which is still in effect..could someone check this out for me as it has a bearing as to when I leave for my Sask safari hunt.
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby REM1100 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:49 am

I finally got thru to Sask Wildlife and this was only a topic for discussion. Remember to check your zone maps and also watch out for the 106 degrees longitude line which is approx 20 miles East of Saskatoon..draw a line down to be able to hunt White geese all day. The other geese dark geese and whitefronts get a rest after 12 noon..but after OCT. 15 they are fair game
However they are doing a survey about the economical impact on Sunday hunting in some rural zones..might see this implemented next year
Anyways check out the regs

www.environment.gov.sk.ca

search hunting and download the hunting and trapping guide
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Return to Canada Duck Hunting