How many of you are going to hunt in Canada

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

How many of you are going to hunt in Canada

Postby REM1100 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:56 pm

If you are comming to Canada,
state which province you are going hunt in and what species
also indicate how many of you in a group and roughly when you are going to get the job done.

Canadian Residents state when where they start the wacking and stacking

I personally will be either solo or with a group from Minnesota roughly first week of Oct in East Central Saskatchewan for 7 days
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby duck duster » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:56 am

I live in Ontario, but heading to Sk. for my annual hunt in late October. Locally, the goose season opens on Sept. 2. Now if the post office will be kind enough to get the duck stamps in tomorrow, I'll be able to shoot Tuesday morning.
Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog!
duck duster
hunter

Postby browninga5m » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:58 pm

My group of 3 will be heading to The Pas,Manitoba Oct 3rd. Probaly be gone a couple weeks. This will be my 5th year going there. We usually hunt reader Lake for divers. Sometimes we hit the valley for snows when they are there. I love it up there, you never know what you are going to see when you turn a corner. Have seen moose and wolves,a ton of bears last year. About a month away, cant get here fast enough
Browning, The Best There Is!!!
browninga5m
hunter

sept 4 th????

Postby mikek » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:28 am

duck duster wrote:I live in Ontario, but heading to Sk. for my annual hunt in late October. Locally, the goose season opens on Sept. 2. Now if the post office will be kind enough to get the duck stamps in tomorrow, I'll be able to shoot Tuesday morning.

I thinks the goose opens sept 4th in southern Ontario .. You may want to douuble check your dates... Good luck.
mike
mikek
hunter

Postby duck duster » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:30 pm

I live north of the French River. I'm in the central district. (WMU 43B)
duck duster
hunter

Postby mikek » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:17 am

Good luck on your opener then. I live in Parry sound and cant wait til thursday.
What have you been seeing up your way? Any movement or gathering of floks ?
mikek
hunter

Postby duck duster » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:11 pm

I see a couple of hundred fly over my house about three times day for weeks now. They are still in family flocks, hitting the grain in the morning, and cut hay fields in the afternoon. Tentatively going to a neighbours farm likely Tuesday afternoon when I get home from Toronto, and my group get soff work. I still haven`t decided where to hunt. i just got permission on another field a farmer tells me has 500 or more. I haven`t had a chance to look at the field, but did well there last year. Lots of opportunity and no competition.
duck duster
hunter

Postby Scattergun Gooch » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:19 am

We will be headed up again this year to both MB and SK, probably for 10 days like we did last year, their will be 4 in our group one more than usually, we are coming out of MN. We are strictly field hunters, we hate water, will be field hunting ducks, dark geese and light geese.

I have heard MB is going to be rough again this year like last, any one else heard the same?
Scattergun Gooch
hunter

Postby Bluebills1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:18 pm

Group of 4 first time to canada will hunt in Manitoba near oak Hammock We will be freelancing first week in Oct. Heard it is rather wet and we may need to bring the 4 wheeler. anyone care to give out some weather conditions. Thanks in advance Blue
Bluebills1
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:41 am

I just hunt around the Annapolis Valley and won't be doing much of that as I have a buggered up back.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby shane019 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:09 pm

It is really wet this year in Manitoba. Farmers are having trouble getting crops off the fields. Wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a 4 wheeler farmers don't appreciate ruts all over the fields.
shane019
hunter

Postby Bluebills1 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks Shane is there a lot birds in the area yet. Reallyappreaciateyour reply.
Bluebills1
hunter

Postby shane019 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:00 pm

There isn't very many birds around brandon yet but i am sure there will be alot more in the winnipeg area. Winnipeg has alot of local birds and it is right in the flyway so they always get more birds around there.
shane019
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting