Saskatchewan crop report

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Saskatchewan crop report

Postby REM1100 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:16 pm

I just got off the phone with my farmer/scout buddy in East Central Sask.

The farmers had alot of wheat crop damage from the big hail storm in July to the north and east..the west side seemed to be OK
The canola harvest is in full swing'
They are just starting on the barley.
I figurre by the last week of Sept. the harvest might be done barring inclement weather.

Good news is more crops went by way of the peas and the pea harvest is over 75% done so first choice for migrators will be peas.
The local duck population is up a bit lots of puddlers and divers with the water level slightly lower than last year.
The local geese have been constant and the sandhill cranes are awaiting execution starting Seotember first.

AS a note there is no Sportmans Dinners in Wynyard but there is the annual United Church Benefit End of Harvest Dinner at the Wynyard Civic Centre either Sept 28 or Oct 5 ( date to be confirmed) for local feast under $10..Hunters encouraged to have a good time for eats and to meet the farmers...My buddy's wife is in charge of the event and most likely I will be there
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Return to Canada Duck Hunting