Crop report Sask

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Crop report Sask

Postby REM1100 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:02 pm

The pea fields have been harvested the first week of Sept and the local geese and ducks are feeding daily with little pressure
The farmers are full tilt on the canola which the birds don't feed in .
Farmers are in their second week on the barley and wheat fields and hopefully will be over 50% done by Oct,

The snows have just started to arrive in East Central Sask and lots of Lessors incomming in bigger flocks..as usual the locals are fat and mature from the peas and less initial pressure.

I have confirmed my killing spree starting Oct 6 for a week

Just a notice the Quills/Wynyard no longer have the Sportsman Dinners except Wadena.

My host friend's wife is treasurer of the ANNUAL END OF HARVEST
UNITED CHURCH DINNER HELD OCT 5 AT THE WYNYARD CIVIC CENTRE.. turkey, mashed potatoes, trimmings, pumpkin pies purogies all for less than $10 a plate..INVITES All hunters to attend as all the farmers will be there and you will not be able to contact them for permission.

I I drive fast enough I should make it there for the 4:30-6:30 feast see some of you guys there

Chuck
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Return to Canada Duck Hunting