i need some help....please

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

i need some help....please

Postby skycarp » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:30 am

i am planning a trip to alberta in the fall and was hoping that ya'll could shoot me some info on what areas would be best bets for a couple of poor freelancers like myself. any help would be much appreciated. thanks
skycarp
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:36 pm

I'd love to help out, but i've never been hunting in Alberta so i have no info to give you

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:28 pm

Im an easterner as well - and cant be of much help
Oldducknut
hunter

Postby plainsman » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:32 pm

I'll tell you this, don't expect many of the landowners/farmers to be any to friendly with U.S. hunters after the mad cow incident. It cost them way to much money because of all that B.S. I know of one hunter that came up for a 10 day hunt last year and he didn't get permission until day 8. I'd look elsewhere if I was you....Ontario maybe
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby canadian_mix » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:58 pm

lol I'm not sure if ontario want them either, we have enough hunters here on what land we can use... mainly its only great down here in the southern (and most populated area) of the province. I haven't ever really had much of a problem in asking for a place to hunt, you can come to the long point provincial park and they have a nice set up, they take you to your blind and pick you up and all of this... from what I know at least... and its great huntin there, but its probably already almost booked solid!
but there are alot of corn fields down around where I live (shore of lake erie) and the geese love it... And I know this great little park in town here, u can get about 5 feet from the geese.... Easy even for u american shooters ;)
Git er dun!
canadian_mix
hunter

Postby duck hunter cam » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:02 am

I would always wanted to hunt there an give ya help but i never hunted there but im gonna one of these yrs.
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:19 am

I would love to help you out but I live in the same neck of the woods as ODN so I don't have any good info. You could always call the DNR in Alberta or the DEPT. of Tourisim
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting