Public land

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Public land

Postby SPOONTANG » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:08 pm

I live in California, and me and my buddy ( we are both college students) want to plan a trip to canada to do some waterfowling, but definitly dont have the cash to hunt with outfiters, I was wondering if there is a site that has a list of public areas we can hunt and would like some input if they are worth us taking the trip.
SPOONTANG
hunter

Postby mikek » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:00 pm

yes . check out the provicial goverment web sites for a list of crown land.
we have lots of crown land and also conservation areas and most of it is legal to hunt & worth the time.. start by picking a province & go from there.. If it happens to be ontario then let me know & I will give you some direcrtion. what do u want to hunt ?

good luck :welcome:
mikek
hunter

Postby mikek » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:00 pm

yes . check out the provicial goverment web sites for a list of crown land.
we have lots of crown land and also conservation areas and most of it is legal to hunt & worth the time.. start by picking a province & go from there.. If it happens to be ontario then let me know & I will give you some direcrtion. what do u want to hunt ?

good luck :welcome:
mikek
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:03 pm

IN the province of Saskatchewan..crown land means the Govt. may have made a deal with First Nations in the past to now and they in turn may have leased it out to a farmer..you need permission for these.
However thru my experience there are cown lands huntable near big bodies of water.. when field conditions ae not right I often do some low level tree top pass shooting geese and cranes and some upland. Read the maps carefully and you can still enjoy Canada.

In Sask. there are alot of Ducks Unlimited Projects around..some which offer foot acess only..check out the signs before entering some are atually Game reserves or protected roosts which the farmer may grant permission
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby SPOONTANG » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm

thanks guys, also if you could direct me to a website with seasons ans limits that would help to.
SPOONTANG
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting