Invading Canada

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Invading Canada

Postby Snaph » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:09 pm

OK...I mean visit. And there are only a few of us. I can not wait for our trip up there. (Simcoe) Duck hunting in the morning, goose in the after noon. I am not planning this trip, so I set out find a few things out. How much is a non-resident license? I know I need to bring my state license to get an Ontario license. And I have heard that the Federal (US) duck stamp is honored in Canada. Is this true?

It's not that I don't trust the guy that is planning this, I just want to cover some of the bases, just in case. We are working with an outfitter, but their website kinda sucks. Any info you guys can shoot my way would be great. One more thing; Will I be saying "eh" after one weekend of being up there? This is one of my major concerns. :mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:19 pm

Do us Canadians really say "eh?" that much. I don't know what your talking aboot!! :laughing:

Anyways, check out these links, they might get you going in the right direction.

:salude:

Department of natural resourses:
http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/

Ontario tourism:
http://www.ontariotravel.net/TcisCtrl?l ... &key1=home
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:21 pm

Thank you MM...
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:22 pm

Take a look at Gregs post about bringing firearms into Canada as well, if you don't know about the laws already.

:salude:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?t=6715
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:26 pm

The gay and lesbian link gave me all the answers I needed. :hammering: Thanks. (You know I'm kidding.)
I will do some looking around. Thanks again.
Snaph
hunter

Postby canadian_mix » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:28 pm

are you coming to simcoe ontario??? Thats my town, lots of good huntin around here really and its not too far from any big population, plus we have the long point biosphere and alot of conservation areas around in this unique part of canada... good hunting, its like a big funnel for waterfowl and we are at the pottom of it... very concentrated
Git er dun!
canadian_mix
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:01 pm

Yep...will be up there on Sept 23-25th. Only hunting Sat though. We don't plan on leaving empty handed. I can't wait.
Snaph
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:22 pm

Is ON still no hunting on Sundays? I figure Snaf would be hunting Sunday AM too.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Snaph » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:46 pm

If they had Sunday hunting it would not matter. At $180 a day thats all we can afford.
Snaph
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting