Planning waterfowl trip near Calgary, AB

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Planning waterfowl trip near Calgary, AB

Postby ownurlife » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi guys,
I'm planning a hunting trip at Calgary and was looking for an outfitter for duck/goose hunting. I looked on some websites but need your advices on a good outfitter near Calgary. Planned to be in late October 2017 for a day or two and I will be staying at my friend's house so no need to sleep there.

We can travel about 2h in any directions of Calgary.

Thanks for your suggestions
ownurlife
Newb

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Planning waterfowl trip near Calgary, AB

Postby BGipson » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Outfitters are the death of Canadian freelance. Take your own gear and make it happen!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby Jarvis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Agreed! Outfitters suck and will kill hunting for the average guy. Do it yourself..not rocket surgery!
Jarvis
hunter

Postby don novicki » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:06 am

Rocket surgery? I like that, it combines the best of both worlds................. :lol3:
don novicki
hunter

Postby ownurlife » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:12 am

Problem is, I'm from QC and will be traveling on plane making it hard to travel my decoys and stuff! Any other suggestion?
ownurlife
Newb

Postby BGipson » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:39 am

ownurlife wrote:Problem is, I'm from QC and will be traveling on plane making it hard to travel my decoys and stuff! Any other suggestion?

Have your buddy try to find a local who will take you out.
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby whiskyjack » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:57 pm

A bit late to the party maybe but: If your buddy has gear there is an excellent area a couple hours from Calgary.

There is an outfitter who works the Calgary area.. I obviously haven't used him as I live here but I have heard good things about him.

FWIW, outfitters cannot lease or pay for access in Alberta. They are playing by the same rules as the rest of us.
A friend of mine ran a bird hunting, mainly waterfowl, outfitting company NE of Calgary a couple of hours. Not sure if he is still in the biz as I haven't seen him recently. If he is still in biz I know he would be a good choice.

Shoot me a PM if you want, I'll see if I can help you guys with info at least.
Jeff
whiskyjack
hunter

Postby blackduck_killer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:12 am

See if you can store some gear at your buddies. Order some cheap stuff and ship it to his address. That way all you need to bring is your shotgun. If you can't store it at his place I'm sure someone would take it off your hands.
blackduck_killer
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting