Let go of your mallard's

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Let go of your mallard's

Postby duckdog » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:35 am

. Hey everyone from up north, how is the duck population looking up there? Just wandering ecspecially on how the mallard's are looking, can't wait for some cold to push em down to Iowa. Please don't keep em locked up for to long :laughing: .
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:04 pm

No kidding, last year those mallards didn't come down untill the last day or two of the season. Lets see some nice cold weather within the next day or two, so i can bag some big ol mallards by the weekend. :mrgreen:
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Greg Wile » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:10 pm

:mrgreen: The farmers almanac says we are going to have a very mild open winter so those birds are going to stay right up here where they belong so we can shoot them. :laughing: Really I don't know what it is going to be like except by this time of year we have usally had a frost but it is staying fairly warm at nite so don't look for the northern birds just yet.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:17 pm

I remember the same thing last year- from our southern cousins post after post asking where are the birds.
Oldducknut
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting