Cumberland Marsh

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Cumberland Marsh

Postby recker » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:32 am

This is one area i had been looking into hunting as it was remote and seemed to be real good. However, this was the only outfitter in the area I could find. They certainly would not be anyone I would want to go with. Anyone ever been to the area or know of other operations?

Charges Laid Against Northern Outfitter
Tuesday, November 18, 2003 at 13:43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The owner-operator of an outfitting camp near Cumberland House and four of his guides find themselves facing a total of 188 charges of hunting violations.

The charges stem from an investigation into allegations that out-of-town clients were allowed to shoot waterfowl over the limit and without cleanup at the Mistik Lodge outfitting camp.

The probe was performed jointly by Saskatchewan Wildlife and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Saskatchewan Environment compliance officer Dave Harvey says the department had been hearing reports of wildlife violations near the camp for some time now, and as a result, had been observing activity in the region for the past year.

Four American hunters were also charged in the investigation, which Harvey says is a warning to other operators that migratory birds will be protected.

Harvey says more hunting infractions have been reported in Saskatchewan over the past few months and separate investigations are ongoing.

The investigation that resulted in the arrest of the 5 Mistik Lodge workers was apparently fuelled by complaints from some clients.
recker
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:23 pm

I hope they make an example out of them. Hit them with the heaviest fines and never alow them to hunt/fish or guide the rest of their lives. :hammering:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:22 pm

Being that was almost 2 years ago, I wonder what the end results were? But I remember hearing about that back then.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:39 pm

Greg Wile wrote:I hope they make an example out of them. Hit them with the heaviest fines and never alow them to hunt/fish or guide the rest of their lives. :hammering:

I agree Greg, but unfortunately the maximum amount of time they can lose thier hunting/guiding priviledges(sp) for is 5 years. Maybe a lifetime ban would make others think twice.

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting