Anyone hunt 2005 opener on Walpole Island ?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Anyone hunt 2005 opener on Walpole Island ?

Postby bkejwanong1971 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:07 am

hello ,,,,I am a local guide here on walpole island first nation .
I am interested in hearing opening day stories or 2005 season hunts had here,,, Was the hunting experience a :thumbsup: or a :thumbsdown: ... oh yah i just registered here an this is my fisrt post ,,,,,
bkejwanong1971
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:09 pm

Welcome to the site! :welcome: What province ?
Oldducknut
hunter

Postby poacher » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:55 am

Didnt get a chance to hunt the morning, but did shoot the evening opener. We shot 16 teal, and 2 woodies. I went out last Thursday eve, a few flocks circled but wouldnt commit. (mojo died) Then, when i did get a second chance, a 6 pack of teal flew right thru the pond, and of course i was out on the dog platform relieving myself. I was hunting the Squirrel Island marsh, the water level has finally come up about 6 inches. Any water in Walpole marsh yet?

Hey Bkej....has the fate of Mallard Point lodge been decided yet? Is that previously leased marsh open for hunting?
"teal, teal, albino teal....wait, those are seagulls...take em.

wait till they line up and cross, 1 shell 2 birds
poacher
hunter

Postby bkejwanong1971 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:07 am

i havent hunted yet this season ,expectin to do some guidin this saturday for a friend ,,,yah i heard that the water had finally come up in bush marsh ,,,,,,,heard walpole marsh was almost dry in the north end,,,
the mallard point club is a ? ,,,
I heard that peeps huntin the lake shore , st annes bay an down the end of johnson channel doin purty good ,,,,,,thats where i want to go saturday ,,,
bkejwanong1971
hunter

Postby poacher » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:17 pm

The north end of the Walpole Marsh was so dry people were cutting access trails with lawnmowers! Hopefully the predicted cold snap will arrive on Thursday and put some ducks in the air. I plan on shooting Saturday also, i'm gonna try to get out to the lake shore if the fog doesnt set in.
"teal, teal, albino teal....wait, those are seagulls...take em.

wait till they line up and cross, 1 shell 2 birds
poacher
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting