mallards moving out yet?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

mallards moving out yet?

Postby dukkilr6 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:57 am

Hey my fellow duck hunters, ya I'll forgive you for being canucks just this once. Hows the weather up there? I'm waiting at the border for some greenheads. Are they starting to move at all yet?

dukkirl6
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:00 pm

yep there moving alright! From the water into the grain fields and back to the water again. :yes:

But seriously, in Winnipeg we haven't even had a "hard" frost yet, but tonight it might happen, definately feels like fall now. If this weather keeps up our weekend hunt will be awsome!! Today it was probably in the low to mid 50's as a daytime high with a fairly stiff northerly wind and overcast skys. No snow yet either.

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:14 pm

weathers gonna turn sour here right away:

Environment Canada's Official Weather Warning
Warnings
Citys of Winnipeg
4:51 PM CDT Tuesday 4 October 2005
Weather warning for
City of Winnipeg continued

A Colorado low will bring rain, snow, and strong winds to southern Manitoba Wednesday.

A low pressure system over Colorado is expected to intensify and move into North Dakota tonight. This storm will bring a few showers into southern Manitoba this evening which will develop into an area of rain overnight. As colder air is drawn into the system, rain and snow will spread through southern Manitoba early Wednesday.

Regions in southwestern Manitoba are more likely to see snow while areas in the southeast will be milder and so rain will predominate. Temperatures in the Red River Valley will hover just above freezing Wednesday indicating that cold rain will be the Major factor. However, it is likely that snow, and at times heavy wet snow, will fall during the day. Snowfall accumulations may be in the 5 to 10 cm range, but areas in the rising terrain of the Manitoba escarpment could exceed 25 cm.

Strong northerly winds are also expected for most of Wednesday.

This storm is still developing and the exact temperatures on Wednesday will have a Major impact on determining which areas see mostly rain or mostly snow. While the weather trends now favour rain in the Red River Valley and areas east, there still exists a risk of a Major early season snowstorm throughout southern Manitoba.

Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details.

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:50 pm

Sometimes i think i should move. It was 93 here today with about 80 percent humidity. Sometimes i envy the weather yall get. :cool:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Admin2 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:03 am

Did the snow push out any ducks out of MB? I hear ND and SD in the states are getting pounded with snow storm right now.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:48 pm

I'm sure it probably has admin2, in Winnipeg, the winds have been gusting up to 40-45mph all day and our expected snowfall is close to 4 inches mixed with rain. Out to the west(Brandon area) the expected snowfall is up to 17 inches in some areas. The weather is supposed to get back to seasonal normal by the weekend though, so hopefully for my sake all the birds don't fly the proverbial coop. :toofunny:

:salude:

mallardman77
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting