Green Wing Teals In Ontario?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Green Wing Teals In Ontario?

Postby The Canuck Kid » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:22 pm

I have never seen a GWT in Northern Ontario, but today I thought I saw one, any one ever seen one in northern Ontario?

Thanks
Good things grow in ONTARIO
The Canuck Kid
hunter

Re: Green Wing Teals In Ontario?

Postby Donald » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 am

yep killed them in north bay
farthest north i have ever hunted ducks
im sure they go farther to
Donald
hunter

Postby The Canuck Kid » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:39 pm

cool
I will be hunting ducks in sudbury soon so hopefully I get one
Good things grow in ONTARIO
The Canuck Kid
hunter

Postby fido » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:26 am

We get'em almost everytime in a certain swamp we hunt, lots of teals hit the swamp at about 5 minutes before shut down time. Its a mad house for those few minutes, but it never fails, you might shoot anything all night , but then its chaos when you are ready to go home.
HOOKED ON QUACK
fido
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:27 am

Never seen them in numbers like the articles say. I hunt mostly in the uper Kawarthas and west of Toronto, but never see them, as much as I'd like to. Mostly Mallards and woodies. Funny that from november on, you can't go out in the upper Kawathas, without shooting Black duck. funny that they still have the limit, and I shoot about as many of them, as GW teal
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby sherlockbonez » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 pm

I see a fair number all through Ont. Sometimes big flocks would buzz my dekes 5 mins before legal light. You can't miss them if they are around. They fly like no other ducks.
sherlockbonez
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:49 am

Shot a late november, fully ploomed, GW, last year. didn't see him fly into the dekes. Thought it was nice to see the colors that late in the season
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting