can yal help me

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

can yal help me

Postby 8mossyman0 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Hey guys, Im from Kentucky, US and we are coming to visit yal in october to do little duck/goose hunting. This is my first time in Canada and was wanting to ask yal a few questions. We are going to hunt some where around Rosenfeld, Manitoba, is this a pretty good place to try our luck on a diy hunt? We are comin up on the last week of October. My buddys are gettin this hunt together so I dont have much say in it. My question on this is, Is the last week of Oct. too late in yals season to hunt up there? I here of people going to Canada in Sep. and the first part of Oct. never that late in yals season. This for me is a once in a life time trip so I am going to go no matter what. I was just wanting to know what I can expect this time of the year and around this location.

Thank guys
8mossyman0
hunter

Re: can yal help me

Postby manitobawoj » Sun May 31, 2009 7:50 am

It should be good for the very tail end of canadas and ducks, not realy a great duck area though.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby 1FowlHNTR » Sun May 31, 2009 2:02 pm

ALL,
PLEASE don't judge all people from Kentucky from mossyman's post...Thank You
SERVICE MEMBERS....If you do not want to stand BEHIND US, feel free to stand IN FRONT OF US...
NRA LIFE MEMBER
DELTA WATERFOWL MEMBER
DUCKS UNLIMITED MEMBER
DUCK COMMANDER "DUCKAHOLICS" MILITARY MEMBER
REFUGE RAT MILITARY MEMBER
1FowlHNTR
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:22 pm

Tail end it will be with sokme big heavily feathered northern birds briefly staying.
One thing to watch for is the weather as it could get really frosty in the morning and ice up the dekes, guns, fingers etc.
Dress for minus five below and also it could stay at a moderate 5 above. Most likely there will be some snowfall anyways the
bird will be on the move and may not be consistent like the first week in october.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby 8mossyman0 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:25 am

thanks for the info guys it helps out a lot. I might not have the right town that we are going to because one of the guys that I'm going with has been before and he said they just hunt in sweat shirts. But I thought all of Canada would be frozen that late in the year. I guess time will tell thanks again for the info.
8mossyman0
hunter

Postby meatwagon8 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:40 pm

I have been to Manitoba the last 12 years. I always go the first week of October. I dont know how it would be going later but I would highly reccomend the first week. Always plenty of ducks and geese around. I have never heard of the town you are going to but I always stayed in Stonewall. Regardless you will have a great time so enjoy. What part of KY are you from?
SEASON TOTALS ARE FOR THE CHILDREN!!!
meatwagon8
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting