Interesting information

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Interesting information

Postby The Canuck Kid » Fri May 29, 2009 7:06 am

Here is a interesting “Tim bit” of information for you guys. According to Ducks Unlimited, In the United States there were 14.6 million ducks harvested in the 2007-2008 season. In Canada there were 1.2 million ducks harvested in the 2007-2008 season, and 29% of those ducks were harvested by non-Canadians. Very surprising.
Good things grow in ONTARIO
The Canuck Kid
hunter

Re: Interesting information

Postby manitobawoj » Sun May 31, 2009 7:53 am

Not surprising there. There are very few local hunters in the praries, nothing like the populated areas of Ontario.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby sabb66ca » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:36 pm

I don't find it too shocking,,,,were being bogged down by anti gun/hunters because we use guns ,and here in Canada the citidiots equate gun violince to people like you and I.
Then take that you are required to have licence after licence and pay a hefty price for them ,people are just not hunting anymore and that leaves no one to pass it down to so all intrest is lost.
It's sad what is happening to this country but we as hunters just seem to sit back and let goverment take it away so we can apease people in places where the politicans can get the most votes,,,and we all know the Liberals will give in to anything that the 905 and 416 area want because thats where they are the stongest and the Liberals in this country want you to have no guns not just more laws,,,they seem to think this will end crime ,,ha guess again,,,maybe its time to quit letting the criminals back out or better yet even in this country,,sorry for the rant but I take my hunting herritage serious and have no use for Liberals who want to take it away
sabb66ca
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:19 am

I agree with that and the No Darn Platform party is a mirror image of the Liberal party when it comes down to the gun grab.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Brant » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:01 pm

The Conservatives have their warts,but if we want to keep hunting AND keep our guns they are the only game in town.Just look at the recent attempt by the "Coalition" commitee(Liberals,Bloc,NDP) to kill Bill 391 before it could go to the House for a vote.These parties will do everything in their power to get rid of our way of life,they have no interest in the rural vote because most of us don't vote for them anyway.It always makes me scratch my head when I talk to a hunter that votes Liberal.Hunting and guns are not the only issue but if you support the Opposition you may as well send your guns in to the RCMP now and be done with it. Brant
Brant
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting