First hunt of 2005

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

First hunt of 2005

Postby bkejwanong1971 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:40 pm

friday afternoon oct 7 ,,, nice overcast day , 15-25 m/hr northerly wind,,,my first hunt of the season. i was up the north end of bushmarsh on walpole island. nice spot sat on a old barrel blind that was transformed into a muskrat house .
Had four perfect shootin opportunities between five thirty and six thirty. pair of blacks ,,,,pair of hen mallards,,,pair of woodies and then last opportunity i had a triple set of woodies ,,,before and after six thirty was sight seein an tunin of the calls.
End up takin a black , a hen mallard,a drake woody and a hen woody,,, four count ,,,had a blast even though i dint get a limit . cant wait till next oppurtunity. Would've like to share a couple pics taken , but DOH i dint figure out how to put them up . :help:
bkejwanong1971
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:41 pm

Grats on yhe birds -nice variety- and of course its not about limits
Oldducknut
hunter

Second shot hahaha

Postby bkejwanong1971 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:14 am

Thanksforgiving Monday oct 10 mid bush marsh walpole island
second hunt ,,, nice overcast day , northerly wind made ripples on the pond, got set up bout quater to five in the pm , was in a nice platform blind with lots of good cover, one draw back was wind in the mug :toofunny: , had bout eighten dekes set out, a number of ducks was flyin off in the distance to the right of along the river, near the hunt club.
had four excellent shootin opportunities end up with a five count, a hen pintail , drake mallard, couple hen mallards and a big black.
had a great time . :thumbsup: oh yah just as i was bout to pickup dekes an head in , three geese without a sound come glidin in to my spread wings locked and landed on other side of pond (not in season of course).
bkejwanong1971
hunter

Postby poacher » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:49 am

Sounds like a great time! I didnt get to get out this past weekend, came down with a touch of the flu....I spoke a few others who did well, especially on the teal and woodies. I'll try again next weekend. Hey, I iheard it was deciced that the Mallard Point marsh lease will be a designated sanctuary this year....
"teal, teal, albino teal....wait, those are seagulls...take em.

wait till they line up and cross, 1 shell 2 birds
poacher
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting