anyone hunt around Brandon, Manitoba

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

anyone hunt around Brandon, Manitoba

Postby lookn4dux » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:12 am

how is the hunting around Brandon, Manitoba?

I am from New Orleans, Louisiana and booked a trip in Brandon for mid October with Assinniboine Outiftters / Brian Mackie.

Any info. would be appreciated.
lookn4dux
hunter

Re: anyone hunt around Brandon, Manitoba

Postby manitobawoj » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:49 am

It's a good area, as long as your outfitter has good land access and some skills, you should do fine. Is this his 1st year in buisness and is "The Flyway Highway" tv show his first?
Good luck and enjoy Canada!
manitobawoj
hunter

Re: anyone hunt around Brandon, Manitoba

Postby hnut47 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Never hunted real close to Brandon, been there many times. I usually hunt just west of Winnipeg, sometimes up by Stonewall or Stoney Mtn. and also around St. Jean or west around Altona when they start moving. I have a couple hockey buddies who farm up there and it's only about 3 hrs from where I live in N.Dakota.

When you head west on the perimeter highway from Winnipeg, you will see the landfill on the south side, to the north, inside the perimeter (can't hunt there) you will see tens of thousands of dark geese in the field.That field is about a section right on the egde of town and it's FULL, very impressive sight if your there at the right time. Normally by mid October they are EVERYWHERE around the Winnipeg area. You will have a great shoot...
hnut47
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting