New to area

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

New to area

Postby btj » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:27 pm

Looks like my job will be moving me to Bloomington area and wanted to know if there is anywhere to duck hunt.

I currently live in MO and have been hunting public ground here for several years, but have never hunted in IN other than to hunt the Ohio river.

Any help would be appriciated.
btj
Newb

Postby chrispbrown27 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:24 am

I had a buddy that lived in Streator and his duck hunting up there was limited. I know by Starved Rock on the Illinois river there are some blind areas, but I'm pretty sure they draw in the summer for them. Now if the blind isn't occupied by a certain time then it's first come first serve, but I wouldn't want to take a chance on that. You've got Clinton not too far off and to be honest I don't know anything about it. It might be closed during waterfowl season as a resting area, but I don't know.
I know I haven't been much help, but if ya ever make it down to the southern half of the state (the good half) drop me a line we might be able to work out a hunt. Also, post up in the Illinois forum, you'll be talking to those who know.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:37 am

I moved your post here as it will probably get more hits from the area you are asking about if it is posted in that forum. Good luck with getting info.

Greg
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby chicobrownbear » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:09 am

Check out Monroe reservoir and stillwater marsh.
chicobrownbear
hunter

Postby btj » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:37 am

Thanks for the info.

I have been hunting ducks for almost 25 years and do not mind traveling to hunt. Just trying to find out which direction to head and if there are any special regulations regarding public ground.

I currently live near st. louis, so do hunt the MS and IL rivers some, but not that much. I am lucky that over the years I have the ability to hunt in almost any type of conditions. Big boat for river or big water, layout boats for flooded fields or shallow water and field blind. Also have more decoys then my wife thinks a person should be allowed.
btj
Newb

Postby mmalino » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:09 pm

if you wanna drive 4 hours north, Kankakee and willow Slough FWA offer some good hunting, also Hovey Lake FWA in Posey offers good hunting, but u need ur own boat w/ blind. Also you could look into hunting the Wabash River. And mroe locally Monroe/Stillwater FWA.
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting