MIGRATION/Hunting Report INDIANA

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: nitrousneil, badbowtie, northzoneguy

MIGRATION/Hunting Report INDIANA

Postby fhhunter1 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:49 am

Alot of the other forums do this and I thought it would be a good idea for us Indiana guys. Might give everybody an idea of what's going on in other parts of the state and what to look forward to. Plus I know everybody who isn't a bow hunter is chomping at the bit right now with duck season right around the corner. I'll start it off.

Wabash river in the southern part of the state I have seen a lot of woodies which is no surprise. Some early mallards and gadwalls are in the area too but nothing to get excited about. Haven't seen any canada's other than some locals flying around. The BWT have come and gone. Atleast that's the case pretty much where I hunt.

Central indiana has had an awesome local goose hatch. Birds are starting to group up but a vast majority of the corn hasn't been shelled yet and they are still sticking close to "the refuge".

Haven't really heard anything from up north but given the early cold temps I'm guessing ring necks, woodies and maybe gadwalls are showing up everyday.
fhhunter1
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting