South Central Indiana Duck Hunting

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

South Central Indiana Duck Hunting

Postby cary00silve » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:33 pm

This is my second year in Indiana. I did not have an opportunity to get out last year due to my busy schedule. I am currently looking at areas to hunt and have a few questions. I have a 14' jon boat with a 9.5hp evinrude motor. The two closest public areas to me are monroe lake (crooked creek marsh), and Atterbury FWA. I haven't really found any good information for either of these areas. I have found some information about river hunting in the area. I am very close to both the driftwood river and the flat rock river. I have absolutely no idea how to river hunt. If anyone could share some pointers on what to look for, and how to actually setup that would be great. I am not looking for any spots, just some pointers and advice so I don't waste this entire season trying to figure out the basics of hunting central Indiana.
cary00silve
hunter

Re: South Central Indiana Duck Hunting

Postby Papachessie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:23 am

Try to find a current break on the up-wind side of the river, such as behind a log jam or a cove. Log jams and overhanging trees will probably be your cover choices if it's anything like the rivers I've hunted. Rivers get smokin' hot when the ponds freeze later in the season. In northern In. where I'm at the season closes just when it starts to get good in my opinion. Maybe someone can explain to me why that is.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting