Duck Hunting Forum banner

Relocated and Looking for Spot In NW Indiana

649 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ddragon47 
#1 ·
Justed moved up to the area for work last spring from Missouri. Wanted to know if anybody could help me out with leads on public or private spots for ducks/geese in NE Indiana area. Would like to get in on a lease or membership if possible.

Thanks for your help.

#4 ·
Mostly in layout blinds for geese, but also some ditches in what used to be marsh but is now corn and beans. A lot of the best farmland around her used to be marsh until they dug ditches to drain it. Clouds of ducks still come through, but it's hard to keep up with them. The spots I've got don't get good until the ponds freeze. The ditches all have moving water with corn fields around them. When it gets cold I usually have about a thousand ducks useing the area. The problem is, sometimes that's not until the season's over. Are you looking to hunt NW or NE Indiana? You had both in your post.

#5 ·
NW Indiana. I live north of Chicago so I'm trying to minimize my drive. Not afraid to work or drive to hunt, just want to be relatively close. I used to live around St. Louis and drive 4 hours back and forth to my spot in the bootheal. Tough drive home. I was hoping to find a lease or a club up here but all I really found were high priced goose clubs. Do you know of any duck clubs around here? I met a guy that has a marsh up north that we have been doing pretty good at the past couple weekends. Hunted this morning and had a lot of opprotunities, even in the 60 degree weather. Next weekend is supposed to be considerably colder. Any plans? I'd like to get out with you if you have an opening??

Let me know what you have going.

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.