northern luck

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

northern luck

Postby landinggearDRC » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:36 am

Anybody doing any good in the northern part of the state. We've only killed 11 birds. 8 mals woodie and 2 teal. Not seeing many birds and they're really pressured.
landinggearDRC
hunter

Re: northern luck

Postby bassbuster » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:59 pm

We've killed quite a few but they are all local ducks and very tough. Hunted willow slough this weekend and didn't see to many birds, hopefully we get a push of birds soon.
bassbuster
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Seems to be a lot of northern geese around but not many flight ducks. Did have two flocks of 30 or so mallards and a flock of something I'm not sure of what buzz over Sunday. Two of us got 6 Mallards and 3 Woodies Sat. and 3 of us got 3 Mallards Sunday.
What kind of ducks fly in a tight formation, straight and fast, have dark bills kind of fade from maybe brown in front to tan on the belly and have pointed wings and tails? I thought maybe they were Gadwalls. They buzzed us at about 50 yards up and didn't come back. Maybe they'll come by tomorrow and I'll smack one. There seemed to be more birds around this weekend than last. Hopefully even more next weekend when goose opens back up. Got some good goose fields, would like to get some bonus Mallards to come in early.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:05 am

Lots of Teal and Wood ducks very few Mallards.
I hope the cooler weather brings them down.
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:21 pm

yea we had a group of about 30 teal drop outta the sky right in our spread... talk about flock shooting lol... woodies look like theyll be leaving and mallards are showing up.. hopefully geese are flying good this weekend.. we got some good fields also... everyone keep updated!!
landinggearDRC
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting