Nineveh In

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Nineveh In

Postby jkkaywoo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:52 am

Hey boys,
I am from Mississippi, and I have family in Indiana that live in the Nineveh and Edinburgh areas. Long story short, my little cousin has never duck hunted before and wants to know if we can show him the ropes while we are there for Thanksgiving. I'm not looking for any secret holes or anything, and I know how protective people can be over public land, as I am the same way. But if anyone could point us in any direction that would be amazing, as I am not familiar with the area at all. One main question I have is the hunting in that area any good? Should I be looking for slews off of the rivers, small ponds, or can you hunt the river? I'm mostly used to hunting puddles and timber in the delta, so this is new for me.
I'm gonna need a jerk string, whistle, and three pounds of hummus!
jkkaywoo
hunter

Re: Nineveh In

Postby ddragon47 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:46 pm

That south of Indianapolis Near Atterbury Fish and Wildlife area I belive.
Not sure i'm front up North.
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

im from northern IN and here we usually hunt flooded fields and lakes and rivers.. sometimes you can find a flooded timber area(awesome way to hunt)... but if you get on a topo map site msn.com ....google earth.. you can see a lot of lakes in that area.. sometimes you can zoom in far enough and see if there is a public access..have your cousin get a Indiana hunting regulations book and it tells all the FWA in the state... rivers are good up here when the lakes and ponds freeze up.. hope this helped
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby jkkaywoo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:29 pm

I appreciate it guys! GOOD HUNTING!
I'm gonna need a jerk string, whistle, and three pounds of hummus!
jkkaywoo
hunter

Postby william costa » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:46 pm

i beleive u can hunt atterbury but not possitve.there are many small rivers and streams in that area and monroe resevior aint to far from there but its a big lake and ive never hunted it.white river can be good and when its flooded the fields can be excellent but ya need permission for that from land owners.hardy lake is just down the road a bit in austin its not the best but its a place yall could go.you need a boat just about everywhere ive mentioned though.have them ask around locally they may find somthin before ya get there!
william costa
hunter

Postby fhhunter1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:50 am

I'm from Central Indiana. Atterbury kind of sucks. There's alot of geese there but I'd go to Stillwater Marsh on Monroe. Your not too far from there. I don't know how to get there cause I don't hunt down there but look it up online. They kill alot of birds at times on Stillwater.
fhhunter1
hunter

Postby jprice » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm about 10 min from where you are going. Not much in this area I could point you to but I agree your best bet is over at Stillwater, on Monroe Res.. Its a draw hunt which is risky but there will be more birds there than anywhere. Best of luck!
jprice
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting