South counties?

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

South counties?

Postby fishersduckhunter » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 am

anybody do any hunting in gibson, pike or dubois? looking at patoka (lake and river) or white river or wabash.

thanks in advance
fishersduckhunter
hunter

Re: South counties?

Postby HoosierHunter08 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm

hey, I've hunted patoka a few times. I've heard it's good early but the later the season gets the worse it gets, alot of pressure tho. I mainly hunt spencer and perry counties. Mostly river hunting tho.
HoosierHunter08
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:25 pm

If your in Fishers, IN you got great hunting around Giest you don't need to go all the way down to Patoka unless you like to play craps after your done hunting. I hear the white r. is good. I have never been there myself so I couldn't tell you anything more than hear-say. I scouted a 15 mile strech of the Wabash R. last night and saw a bunch of birds but they were off in the bottoms in privately owned flooded corn fields not actually on the river itself where it is legal to hunt. I don't know what else to tell ya it has been tough getting on em this year. I couldn't even imagine the time, gas, and miles I've burnt up this year scouting. I got a few killed but not nearly enough to justify the expense and where and tear on the ol truck.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 pm

bandchaser wrote: I got a few killed but not nearly enough to justify the expense and where and tear on the ol truck.

You might as well give up on that one. The only way to justify it is to look at it like paying to see a movie. You'll never put enough meat in the freezer duck hunting to justify it like that. Your just spending a few bucks to have some fun. Beats a movie any day. :beer:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:52 am

Justify the expense. :huh:

I would have to hunt the rest of my life and not get any more gear. :eek:

Pass the popcorn. :lol3:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting