Minnehaha Corrupt Drawing!

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Minnehaha Corrupt Drawing!

Postby indyfowler » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:59 pm

So my buddy and I hunted the Minnehaha Fish and Wildlife Area today and found the drawing to be pretty well rigged. There was no real drawing, the guy behind the counter just looked at the sheet and picked group numbers. The first 3 groups called where the last 3 groups there. They came in and knew all of the DNR guys by name and acted like they owned the place going in behind the counter to hang out in the back. We talked to a couple of the other groups that hunt it more regularly and they said thats how it always goes when those groups show up. Anyone else have this problem?
indyfowler
hunter

Re: Minnehaha Corrupt Drawing!

Postby MerkEm » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:43 pm

Sorry to hear that.. I come down to minne twice a year and never had that problem.. It was always done like any other state run property..
MerkEm
hunter

Postby horsedoc7341 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Same thing happened last year. Day before Thanksgiving and thanksgiving day same guy got 1st pick. The guy was definitely a friend of the managers.
horsedoc7341
hunter

Postby Dave63 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Not unusual, unfortunately...And they're in bed with the coal mine too...
Dave63
hunter

Postby bottomlands » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:45 am

sounds like somebody is a little butt hurt by getting a bad draw. ive hunted minnehaha for many years and havent ever thought the draw was rigged. ive had great draws and ive had bad ones. thats why its a draw. you dont win the lottery every time you play.
bottomlands
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting