New years eve shoot

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

New years eve shoot

Postby MerkEm » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:02 pm

Really bad quality cause they are with my phone. Ended up with 12 and one band.. Also had a camera man out on this hunt so should have a little bonus footage back in a couple days..
MerkEm
hunter

Re: New years eve shoot

Postby Papachessie » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:08 pm

Don't 2 bird limits suck? Awesome hunt. :thumbsup:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby MerkEm » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:29 pm

Yeah 2 birds just doesnt cut it for the amount that we have been seeing... Next hunt will be saturday and from what i hear the temps are suppose to be a little chilly.. Dont get me started on the season dates and bag limit stuff.. Went by my spot on lake michigan and its completely covered in diver.. Guy told me today that back in the day they use to have a "Black and White" season and it ran into january for divers.. Anyone heard of this?
MerkEm
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:40 pm

Hah, you too huh? Every year I get more irritated by our ignorant seasons. I'm gonna try to get my opinions heard by someone that's involved in the decision making this year. I remember an 8 day season in late December, but that's about it. Last year was one of the coldest years on record here and we still had more birds coming down when the season closed. I was hunting a flock of about 1,000 mallards and blacks last year on the last day. Oh well, I think I'm gonna try and shoot 'em tomorrow. They flew around here about 11:00 today. I don't know what they'll do tomorrow with the weather though.

Good luck
Papachessie
hunter

Postby MerkEm » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:44 am

Happy New year by the way, But the temp has dropped and i think it will be a late flight for the geese.. We are taking tomorrow off and will be out saturday.. Thats good cause it gives me time to icefish.. Good luck tomorrow! Chop Em'
MerkEm
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:54 pm

MerkEm wrote:Happy New year by the way, But the temp has dropped and i think it will be a late flight for the geese.. We are taking tomorrow off and will be out saturday.. Thats good cause it gives me time to icefish.. Good luck tomorrow! Chop Em'

Didn't go. And no I didn't get too messed up last night. Didn't even go out or drink at home. Been sick since right after Christmas. Felt like I was dyin' last night, so I figured layin' in a blind on the ground wasn't the best thing for me. Tomorrow I'm goin' to Ohio to get my new pup, so I won't be hunting until Sunday. Hopefully we won't have two feet of snow by then. :no:
Papachessie
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting