Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

Postby smallwater » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Just thought I would take a moment to say hello and happy new year and introduce my self.I live in southern Indiana and just got back into duck hunting after about a 5 year break.My younger cousin bought a started dog and wanted help learning to duck hunt and working his dog.So anyway I'm looking forward to meeting and talking with everyone.Happy New Year!
smallwater
hunter

Re: New Member

Postby Papachessie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Happy New Year and welcome back to the game. :welcome:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby smallwater » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks Papachessie, though it looks like I picked a slow season to make my come back.I've been 3 weekends in a row and were just not seeing a lot of birds.20 years of duck hunting has taught me a great deal of Patience but this is my cousins 2ND year and he watches to many duck shows.He thinks the grass is always greener somewhere else or some new piece of equipment will change everything.My plan is to take him back to the basic principles.But he has that true passion for waterfowl so I reckon he will be alright.(He's 20 years younger by the way)
smallwater
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:18 pm

I know what you mean. I hunt with my stepson and one of my fishin' buddies that just started duck hunting. My stepson trusts my judgement because he's learned to hunt with me, but the other guy is just like you said. Thinks he should call because he has a 125.00 call, even though he sounds like he's blowing a kazoo. We walk in to some spots and he bought some high dollar FA Gunner decoys and thinks my cheapo Carry Lite water keel won't work any more. He carries his in when we use his, they weigh about 50 lbs for 2 dozen. I've killed ducks over mine for 20 years and they weigh about 20 lbs. He thinks money kills ducks not experience. He's figuring it out little by little. Nice gear helps but it doesn't matter what kind of gear you have if you don't know how to use it. Last year would have been the year to come back. Most ducks I've seen in a long time. This year was definately slow. My duck season is done here, chasin' geese now. Hopefully all this snow won't chase 'em off. We're gettin' hammered with lake effect right now.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:44 am

Welcome to the site and welcome back to the sport. :welcome:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby giantkillertate » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:21 pm

:welcome: :hi: