IT'S 2:15 AM

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: nitrousneil, badbowtie, northzoneguy

IT'S 2:15 AM

Postby smallwater » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:35 am

Just finished checking my gear and making sure I haven't forgotten anything.Boats full,thermos is full and it,s colder than a well diggers butt outside.Man it's gonna be a great day!Good morning and good luck to all you crazy goose and duck folks.
smallwater
hunter

Re: IT'S 2:15 AM

Postby Papachessie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:39 am

Well, how'd ya do? Do ya still have a butt? Or did ya freeze it off? :biggrin:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby smallwater » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Funny you should mention that.We got to our spot about 5:00 AM and the ice had formed from shore to about four feet out I stepped out and broke the ice and down I went, flat on my back in two feet of water.So I sucked it up and started working on the blind figuring the faster we could get the heater going the faster I could dry out,the good thing was my parka kept me from tacking on a lot of water but the water that got in froze my shirt to my waders and I couldn't get my waders down.Anyway stayed till about 1:00 pm got two mallards and a bluebill.Just another day duck hunting.By the way my waders are 12 year old Cabelas icebusters with removable boot liners,when I got back to the ramp my socks were so wet you could ring the water out and my feet never got cold.
smallwater
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:13 am

smallwater wrote:.By the way my waders are 12 year old Cabelas icebusters with removable boot liners,when I got back to the ramp my socks were so wet you could ring the water out and my feet never got cold.

Probably the best waders made. My late buddy wore those for years. Got a leak in 'em once and sent 'em back and Cabelas sent him a brand new pair. Sounds like it was worth getting cold. Bet you were glad you had a heater and were hunting in a blind. :lol3:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:45 pm

You gotta watch that ice it's slippery and there is cold water under it. Nice hunt otherwise. I got a similar story we hunted the other night and left the deeks out for next morning, of course they were frozen in when we went back. So I went out and broke them out and by the time I got back to shore I had an inch of ice over my waders about chest high. I didn't think to break the ice off right away because there were birds coming so we all scrambled to our hide outs. When I got to my bucket I went to bend down and hide and could bend my knees or waste. I actually fell over and could hardly get back up. Imagine the Tin Man or the little brother kid from the Christmas Story rolling around on the ground all stiff. I can only imagine what those geese were thinking seeing me rolling around like an idiot. Needless to say they didn't come in but who cares when a good laugh presents itself like that in -6 below temps. Thankfully no camera's were available. Happy hunting.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby smallwater » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:13 pm

It really wasn't as bad as it sounds,my parka and shirt froze so fast I think it trapped all my body heat in and my biggest fear was if I had to go to the (bathroom) I wouldn't be able to get my waders down.But yes I was thankfully for the heater and the blind and I know exactly how you felt Bandchaser but it's much funnier when it' happening to you L.O.L.
smallwater
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting